Sunday, September 9, 2007

Back To Nature


With all of the rain we received over the weekend I decided on a whim to run out and shoot two of Bella Vista's waterfalls in action this afternoon. The whole experience, which I enjoyed thoroughly, made me realize (1) it's been years since I've shot a long-shutter waterfall photo and (2) I never get out anymore and shoot photos because I enjoy photography. For as great of a job that I have it has become just that, a job anymore. Hopefully this is something I can build on and get out and shoot things other than news photography and freelance assignments. I still have to shoot more of Sahar's senior portraits sometime soon, so that's another good step in the right direction.



As far as these photos go, the first and third photos were shot at the Lake Ann waterfall and the second photo was shot at the Tanyard Creek waterfall. I like em. Like I said, it's been a while since I've shot anything waterfall related. I even got out into the water up to my knees to get some of the photos. Yeah I had fun.

4 comments:

Z-Man said...

welcome to my world, all work no play.
nice photos though.

Melissa said...

glad you got to get out and enjoy the day. great photos.

Robbie Hammer said...

Play, what's that. All I ever do is work. Nice stuff Marc.

Ben Chrisman said...

weddings can be fun if you need a break ;-)