Monday, September 3, 2007

Game One: Arkansas 46, Troy (Alabama) 26


Arkansas kicked off their 2007 season against the Troy (Alabama) Trojans on Saturday. This was my first football game to shoot for Hawgs Illustrated since taking the job back in April. I've really been looking forward to the season getting started. I was a bit disappointed with my shooting as I felt I didn't shoot as well as I should have. I got restless and moved around a few times and ended up putting myself out of position for a couple of big plays. That won't happen again. First game jitters I guess. I need to remind myself to be patient.


Felix Jones was the star on Saturday against Troy. No. 25 finished the game with 287 all-purpose yards, which included 129 yards on 12 carries.


Darren McFadden racked up 151 yards on 12 carries. If he can maintain that kind of yardage all season they might as well just mail him his Heisman now.


Michael Smith racked up 59 yards on eight carries.


Defensive tackle Malcolm Sheppard pressures Troy quarterback Omar Haugabook. Sheppard had five tackles against Troy.


Instead of leading his team in singing Arkansas' fight song as he usually does following a win, Coach Houston Nutt passed the honors to his star tailback Darren McFadden.

Unfortunately the Hogs have a bye this weekend and don't play again for two weeks. The next game is in Tuscaloosa against Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide. I hope Arkansas works hard the next two weeks, Alabama's gonna be looking for payback from last years loss to the Razorbacks in Fayetteville.

4 comments:

moorewillphoto said...

I dig the photo of them coming out of the building. I didn't even see the sign in the background. Good strobe work in the fight song.

Unknown said...

Good stuff, man. Looking forward to seeing what you will have at the Alabama game.

Wes Putt said...

Nice stuff, Marc! I bet you were in Hog Heaven!

Robbie Hammer said...

Go Hogs!