Thursday, August 9, 2007

Catch Of The Day


I woke up this morning and found this critter in the live animal trap next to the garden in my backyard (It's a possum to all you big city folk). With the high price of gasoline and the impending inflation on our economy I decided I would get a head start on armageddon and begin living off the land. Do you realize the variety of potentially delicious animals that are roaming around in our own backyards throughout the day? Especially here in Bella Vista. Possum pie, armadillo soup, squirrel on a stick....the possiblities of culinary delights are endless.

Yes I'm joking. I borrowed the trap a few days ago from a friend to catch whatever the hell has been eating the tomatoes and eggplants in my garden. I've lost more tomatoes to critters than I've harvested to this point. They keep eating the big beautiful ripe ones before I get a chance to pick them. I'm at my wits end. I don't think this possum was the culprit, it's the squirrels that are robbing me blind. Haven't caught one yet, but I will. My friend also gave me a pellet rifle. To be honest I don't want to kill any animal. If I trap a squirrel, I'll relocate it and let it be someone else's problem. But if I'm on my deck chillin' with my pellet gun nearby and a squirrel has the balls to try and steal from me in broad daylight, it's gonna be lights out you wrascly varmint.


Juno enjoyed the possum. The possum didn't enjoy Juno. My mom named it "Pete the Possum."


Goodbye Pete! Don't come back or next time you'll be possum pie.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Is that really how opossums look? Scary. Looks like a prehistoric rat.

Wes Putt said...

You're lucky it wasn't a raccoon...