Saturday, August 11, 2007

I Hate Baseball!


Not really. I'm just burned out on baseball. I like to shoot baseball, unlike other shooters I know. But it's August now and I have been shooting baseball since the end of February. It's just too hot outside to be standing, or sitting on a camp stool in my case, in the sun for several hours when it's 100-degrees outside. Even the shade is ridiculous. These photos are from the, get this, week-long Babe Ruth 16-year-olds World Series that kicked off today in Bentonville. The championship is next Saturday and yours truly will probably be shooting that too and updating with another rant about how I'm burned out on baseball. At least I shot well today.


Members of the Worcester, Mass., team leave the field at Phillips Park during opening ceremonies for the Babe Ruth 16-year-olds World Series in Bentonville.


Bentonville Mayor Bob McCaslin throws out the ceremonial first pitch at the Babe Ruth 16-year-olds World Series. The mayor's got good form. Looks like he could've been a pitcher in his day.


The Northwest Arkansas All-Stars bow their heads during the opening prayer at the Babe Ruth 16-year-olds World Series in Bentonville.

21 more days til football season

4 comments:

Z-Man said...

"...unlike other shooters I know..."
Not me, I love baseball....NOT!!!
I shot a total of three games this year, one hogs and two legion, and I am totally burned out. Three games too many in my opinion.

Lady Robin M said...

Love the cloud of dust...

Wes Putt said...

GREAT jube shot from Bentonville's game today. It's not on your blog yet, but for some reason I like it a LOT.

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Yet baseball seems to love you. Great timing on these shots, and nice exposure.