Thursday, August 23, 2007

Recent Work


Here are a few features I've shot over the past couple of days. The lead photo is from the second day of school in Bentonville. I was off on Monday, so for once I didn't have to shoot first day of school stuff. I figured I would head down to the bus barn and get a photo of drivers returning at the end of the day. This man is a retired truck driver who decided to drive a bus-load of kids five days a week. Not really my idea of retirement. He had some good quotes and the cowboy hat was a bonus.


This is a class of Citizens Police Academy students waiting for a flash-bang grenade to go off in the room with them during a demonstration by the Bentonville Police Department's Special Response Team. This was a fun assignment, guns and grenades. The flash-bang grenade actually went off about eight feet directly behind me seconds after taking the photo. I had earplugs in so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.


If you've ever shot for a newspaper in Northwest Arkansas then you've probably been assigned to shoot the Washington County Historical Society's annual Ice Cream Social in Fayetteville. It's been going on for 37 years. This was the second or third time for me to shoot it. Wheeee!

Nine more days til football season starts.

4 comments:

Robbie Hammer said...

Awww, the Ice Cream Social, I remember that. Glad it's not me anymore.

Unknown said...

Great stuff! I covered only one Ice Cream Social and guess who it was for? haha. I think Shupe probably covered the most socials and it's probably his favorite assignment ever! (Kidding, Shupe!)

Unknown said...

oh by the way, great seeing you at the LPGA presser. Gotta love the free country club food, eh?

I'll be at the Troy game in the stands, I'll throw something at you...oh I mean at the guy next to you, if you know what I mean!

Neemah said...

really like the cowboy on the bus