Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Game 6: Arkansas 7, Auburn 9


Yuck! Just when I thought I had shot the most boring Razorback game to date the Hawgs went and lost to Auburn on Saturday, even though the Tigers didn't even set foot in the end zone. I escaped this one with just enough photos for the magazine, excluding the cover. I gave the honor to TMN shooter J.T. Wampler, who had the best defensive photo of Arkansas that summarized the game. The Razoback defense played a hell of a game and pretty much set the offense up to put as many points on the board as possible. Only problem the offense forgot to show up and play. Instead totaled only 198 yards of total offense.


Darren McFadden eclipsed Arkansas' all-time rushing record, even though he only rushed for 43 yards.


The Tigers held Felix Jones to just 42 yards as well.




Auburn freshman backup quarterback and Fort Smith native Kodi Burns appeared for two plays and was booed non-stop. Such love for the local boys when they come back home to play.

The Hogs are now 0-3 in the SEC and face Ole Miss in Oxford this Saturday. The Rebels lost to Alabama on a last-minute controversial call. They're pissed and their fans are pissed (they threw all kinds sorts of things like empty liquor bottles and such onto the field after the call.....one bottle hit a photographer in the head. he required stitches). Anybody got a hardhat I can borrow this weekend?

4 comments:

Mark Buffalo said...

Great stuff, as usual. Good luck in Oxford.

Are the lights better in Fayetteville than Little Rock. Your photos look brighter and better color.

Take care
Mark

Michael said...

I've got a cowboy hat you can borrow. Will that work? Or will that just get more bottle thrown at you?

Marc F. Henning said...

Spencer and I were joking that Wamp and I should wear the old-school hard platic Hog Hats (as pictured in the last photo from the Tenn-Chattanooga game) at Ole Miss on Saturday.

I'm sure things will be cool this weekend...I hope.

Mark,

I'm not so sure the lights at Razorback Stadium are brighter. Though I am certain the lights are brighter now at War Memorial than they were in the past. If that makes sense.

Robbie Hammer said...

Great stuff Mark. Now inly if that would rub off on your subjects. I got one of those Razorbacks hats if you wanna borrow it.