Friday, October 5, 2007

Hawgs Illustrated: First October Issue


I'm a couple of days late getting this posted but here is the first October issue of Hawgs Illustrated. This is my best issue to date. The cover photo of Robert Johnson's touchdown worked beautifully and the Darren McFadden stiff-arm photo, see previous post, looked awesome on the double truck.

Clay Henry, the editor of Hawgs Illustrated and my boss, referred to the cover as "One of the best photos ever in the 16 years of our magazine" in his column today in The Morning News. He went on to say "If there's been a better shot, it might have been the one Marc took for our centerspread of Darren McFadden's stiff arm to de-helmet a North Texas defender."

I was pretty proud to see those words in print today. But hey, it's another game this weekend and another magazine to fill. I could just as easily have my worst issue this weekend. That's exactly how it goes with sports photography.

2 comments:

Mark Buffalo said...

I've got to get the Stephens people to send us copies of Hawgs Illustrated! Great stuff as usual. See you Saturday.

Mark

Ben Chrisman said...

awesome job marc. you've always kicked ass at sports.