Sunday, February 15, 2009

The First Couple

/
Here's a photo of Alona and myself from last night's Northwest Arkansas Filipino American Association Valentine's Party in Bentonville (the photo was taken by Sahar, our daughter). I was sworn in as the NWAFAA's 2009 president during the event. This is my first time ever to handle such a responsibility. The members of the association have tried to nominate me to the position in previous years but I have always respectfully declined. Lucky for me I have a very good cabinet of officers to help me lead this wonderful organization.

The NWAFAA hosts several events over the course of the year, with the largest being the annual Barrio Fiesta held in August. If you've never attended a Filipino event before, the Barrio Fiesta is a fun, friendly affair with tons of delicious Filipino food and cultural exhibitions. The event usually draws between 400 to 500 people. I would like to extend an invitation to all of you out there to join us this summer in celebrating our Barrio Fiesta. I will post an update once a date has been set.

Mabuhay!

No comments: