Friday, February 27, 2009

Big Men, Little Toys

/
I shot the setup for a model train show today in Bentonville. Few things at work are more enjoyable than shooting stuff that takes you back to your childhood. The sound of an HO-scale train moving down the tracks is unmistakable to me. I spent many hours as a child running my model trains on the living room floor. Come to find out that's the worst thing you can do to a model train engine. Something about carpet fibers getting sucked into the electric engines components or something or the other — believe me, from what these old timers told me it is B-A-D!

/

/
Needless to say I stuck around much longer than I would have if it was something else, like a craft fair setup. Shudder! These guys were serious about their model trains and I really dug it. Who knows, maybe some day you'll see me at a model train show running a triple oval N-scale track and wearing a conductor's uniform full of railroad patches from across the country. If you do, please shoot me. Seriously. Because by that time I hope to be sitting on a beach in the Philippines living out my golden days drinking grande San Miguels and eating jumbo shrimp by the fistful.

1 comment:

Joy Tilton said...

Cannot wait to tell my husband about your blog! Your photography is amazing and the commentary hilarious! I'm another NWA blogger, come out to Beaver Lake and visit me at http://grannymountain.blogspot.com