Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Celebration of a Championship

/
A collage of photos from this weekend and the lovefest that was the "Celebration of a Championship." I wasn't even an Arkansas fan back in 1994 when the basketball team won the National Championship, but I did watch it on T.V., so I'm told. I really don't even remember watching it, but my best friend Aaron told me he and several of our friends at the time watched it at my house in Tulsa. Too many beers I guess. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend of events which included the "Champs Camp" basketball clinic for kids, an invitation-only dinner, the Arkansas/Georgia basketball game and the halftime ceremony honoring the 1993-94 team. I want to give a huge shout out and thank you to my good friend Jeremy Rose, a manager on the 1993-94 team, who made it possible for me and my family to attend the invitation only dinner and get tickets to the game. Of course I worked that day, but it was the first Razorback basketball game for Alona and Sahar to attend. They had a great time too.

/
Corliss Williamson coaches some kids at the "Champs Camp."

/
Arkansas fans wait in line for autographs at Bud Walton Arena.

/
Former Arkansas basketball coach Nolan Richardson signs an autograph.

/
Darnell Robinson, Clint McDaniel, Corliss Williamson and Lee Wilson "Call the Hogs."

/
Oh yeah, Arkansas won the basketball game too. They beat Georgia 89-67 to tie for last place in the SEC. The team got a little pep talk from Corey Beck before the game. Apparently he chewed on them pretty good for their performance over the last two month. Whatever he said, it worked.

As always, more photos at BTL.

No comments: