Sunday, March 8, 2009

High School Tourney Time

/
I had to drive down to Fort Smith and shoot Rogers High's boys and girls basketball teams at the Class 7A State Tournament semi-finals at the Stubblefield Center. It was my first time to ever shoot at the place. A big thanks to Mr. Ivester for helping me out with directions. Here is a mix of photos from the two games. The boys won their game and will advance to the state tournament final. The girls lost and their season is over.

/

/

/

/

/
Also another big thank you to Mr. Ivester again for letting me plug into his extension cords. I had my own, but he saved me the time and hassle of having to use them. Plus it would have been more of a hazard having two sets of cords across stretched across a busy walkway.

3 comments:

Mark Buffalo said...

Marc, I was there on Friday night and Saturday night. Sorry I missed you. I got to use Mr. Shupe's lights for the second half of the Cabot-Fayetteville game. It is the first time I've ever shot with two lights and it was awesome but my AB B400 recycles quickly so it took me a few times to figure out the bigger strobes don't recycle quickly.

Any chance you will be coming to Hot Springs on Saturday? I've got Lonoke on Thursday then will be shooting for the NLR and Jacksonville papers on saturday. Have fun in Tampa. Keep Harry in line! ha ha

Marc F. Henning said...

If Arkansas loses to Florida Thursday, then I might be shooting the games on Saturday in Hot Springs. Honestly I'm crossing my fingers that the Hogs will win Thursday night. Then I won't have to drive to Hot Springs Saturday. Of course I'm crossing my fingers and NOT holding my breath. :)

Mark Buffalo said...

I told Kurt that I could hook you all up since I'm going to be there but he is loving that shooting thing...I think he really wants to be a photographer. I couldn't believe you all let him out of Springdale with a D300!

I hope the HOgs win too but I'm a realist these days.

Summit has pretty good lights. I just opened one of my pix of Julie Inman from last year's title game and it was shot at 1600 ISO, 2.8 and 1/640 of a second and it was a bit overexposed so the lights are good there

here is a link to some pix I shot there last year

http://markbuffalo.blogspot.com/2008/03/state-champs-1.html

Have fun in Tampa