Friday, April 10, 2009

Decatur Sky

/
A line of severe thunderstorms moved through Northwest Arkansas yesterday evening while I was on assignment in Decatur. I pulled over and shot this frame of the horizon on my way home. As the back end of the storm passed over, the sky turned a deep blood red color as the sun dropped down below the line of thick clouds. It was a really eerie site. I had to get a photo, no matter how boring the foreground was. I tried to get in position for something a little more interesting, but there was nothing in my immediate area I liked. Plus, I didn't have a good prime lens with me (I'd dropped a 300mm f2.8 off at the office earlier in the day) so I was getting terrible lens flare with my 80-200. It's still makes for a dramatic image straight out of the camera.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Creepy cool. Did you hear banjo picking in the distance?

Marc F. Henning said...

Ha! Yeah, right before I dove back into my Cherokee and sped off like a bat out of hell. :)