Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bigham's Flip

/
What started out as a weight room challenge several weeks ago has turned into a pregame ritual for Arkansas second baseman Bo Bigham. Before each Razorback baseball game the freshman performs a backflip while surrounded by his teammates. I first noticed Bigham's backflip on the first day of the SEC Baseball Tournament before the Razorbacks' game against Florida, but wasn't in a position to get a shot. Two days later, before Arkansas' second game against Florida, I snapped a shot from atop the dugout (it's pictured two posts down). Not satisfied with the results, I put myself in position before the Hogs' game the next day against Vanderbilt. I made sure I was down on the field early so I could get in on the huddle. Sure enough, the players gathered around and Bigham performed his flip directly at me. Click!

I've been sitting on this photo since Saturday until Robbie Neiswanger's feature on Bigham ran in The Morning News. You can read it here.

2 comments:

Z-Man said...

I just looked at all your baseball posts.... GREAT SEASON! Way to go man!

Wes Putt said...

That's what pj is all about! Nice!