Friday, May 22, 2009

SEC Baseball Tournament (Day 2)

/
All in all today was a good day of shooting at the SEC Baseball Tournament in Hoover, Ala. What put the day over the top for me was the lead image shot with my remote camera, a D300 with a 300mm f2.8. Arkansas' game was a pitching duel until late in the game. The Hogs tied the game up 1-1 in the ninth inning. Georgia came back and won it in the bottom of the 10th on a play at the plate. My angle on the field wasn't very good and I didn't get a lock on the focus at the peak of the play. But my remote got all I needed. Lead art in the bag. After two days this is the only usable image I've made with my remote camera, but it's the one that counted the most.

The rest here is a mix of photos from Arkansas vs. Georgia and LSU vs. Alabama.

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

The Hogs face Florida again tomorrow (Friday) in the loser's bracket. If they lose we go home on Saturday. If they win it could be another day or so. Either way I'm getting paid to shoot baseball for another day. Fine with me.

You can check out the whole enchilada at BTL.

2 comments:

Ben Chrisman said...

nice shots marc! a lot different than the connie mack days of shooting film at 3200 and praying we got something good enough and not grainy enough to run three columns wide.

Bryon Houlgrave said...

That's it, you're my new favorite baseball photographer. :)