Saturday, January 5, 2008

Cotton Bowl Memoirs


I have so many memories from my week in Dallas for the Cotton Bowl I thought I would share a few of them here. The above photo was shot by the Dem-Gaz's Clay Carson with Zac's camera about an hour before kickoff. Zac and I were both zombies that morning as neither of us got any real sleep the night before. Not that we partied hard on New Year's Eve or anything, quite the contrary actually. We both just had our own issues getting to sleep.


I got to bond with the "enemy." Dem-Gaz shooter Rick McFarland and I edit our takes from Arkansas' practice side by side at a "Launderia" somewhere in Dallas. We both desperately needed to wash some clothes so we shot our assignments for the day and did our work while doing laundry. What newspaper war?


You would think both of us would've packed enough clothes for the week we were there. I was actually amazed at how fast I went through my clothes. By the way, have you ever seen anyone edit their photos on top of a washing machine before?


Got some sweet tickets to the Stars vs. Blues NHL game as well. Notice the Gold parking pass. Gold parking is under the American Airlines Center in the same garage as the players park. My Grand Cherokee looked a bit out of place next to Astin Martins and Ferraris. At least I felt rich.


The view at the Stars game from our Platinum box suite.


The view inside our Platinum box suite. Who cares about the hockey game. Let's watch the Patriots play on Hi-Def instead.


Oh yeah. Escalades and Darren McFadden were the talk of the town the week of the Cotton Bowl. It was a black Escalade moron!


Everybody loves a parade. Especially when it's 40 degrees outside and the wind is gusting up to 30 mph in downtown Dallas.


I don't think Tusk seemed to mind the cold. He really enjoyed the attention. Except for the Missouri fans who wanted to eat him.


Oh. I also got to see the world famous Kilgore Rangerettes. Who? Yeah, that's what I said too. Those girls were really, really limber though. They did a leaping splits onto the concrete. Zac nearly fainted when he saw it.


The game really was the worst part of the whole week. This photo of Felix Jones getting the ball stripped away lead our coverage and pretty much summed up the game. Missouri, who won 38-7, was the better team that day by far. I hope Bobby Petrino can jump start the program and get some good wins next season, otherwise it could be two years before the Hogs get back to another bowl game.

6 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

Looks like you had a great week, man. I love the shot of Rick on the washing machine. The snapper lives!

Mark Buffalo said...

You guys are ROCK STARS!

Mark Buffalo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc F. Henning said...

Nah. If I was a Rock Star I would've been arrested in Dallas for trashing my hotel room or throwing hookers out of my 18th floor window or something. I did load up on the free soap, shampoo and shower caps though. More like a Soft Rock Star I guess...like Air Supply or Hall and Oates. Yikes! I'll try and at least get arrested next time.

Neemah said...

that's some beautiful light in the parade shots in downtown Dallas. Is that from the sun reflecting off the buildings? Or did you set up a soft box and have an assistant chase you around?

Z-Man said...

MMMMMMM... Red crotches...... Oops, I mean great light, awesome composition, You Rock!............