Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow Day


The term "Snow Day" just doesn't have the same ring to it when you grow up and choose to make your living as a photojournalist. In short if means getting out and driving in less-than-desireable or just downright dangerous conditions to get a photo of kids playing in snow, adults shoveling snow or another person's life made miserable because of the snow. I personally did two 360's down Chelsea Drive after only getting about a mile from my house this morning. No I didn't wreck my Jeep and yes I did slow down. I shot the gem above of a boy and his big sis making snow angels in their front yard at the end of my day after heading out for one last feature hunt in Bentonville. Gotta admit the shot kinda made it all worth the while in the end. I just hope we're done with snow days for the season.


This photo was of a father and son meeting halfway between their homes in Bella Vista this morning when the snow was at its peak. The son was bored and decided to walk to his parent's house to hang out. Yeah, he WALKED instead of risking wrecking his pickup. Smart guy.

2 comments:

Lady Robin M said...

I had fun interviewing "sledders." A nice change.

Michael said...

It was 86 degrees here on Wednesday. It felt so good. Now we're back to a frigid 60 degrees.