Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Boot Returns to Fayetteville


Arkansas knocked off No. 1 LSU yesterday in triple overtime in front of a crowd of 92, 606 at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge. The win brought "The Golden Boot" back to Fayetteville for the first time since the Razorbacks last beat the Tigers in 2002.


I have to say I get my own satisfaction in watching 92,000 plus Tiger fans, I doubt there were more than 500 Razorback fans in the place, silently filing out of "Death Valley" after a defeat. I don't necessarily hate LSU, I just HATE their fans. LSU fans by themselves or in small numbers are tolerable. Over 92,000 of them is ridiculous. They're the most hateful, venomous group of fans in college football. I guess what makes it personal is they even trash talk, and cuss, the visiting photographers on the sideline. Of course this hate excludes the great group of LSU fans Zac and I bummed beers off of in the parking lot after the game. Cheers losers.


In other news, guess who'll probably be coaching at Arkansas again next year. Houton Nutt saved his job yesterday. How can you fire a coach that finished the season at 8-4 and knocked off the No. 1 team in the college football? The job is his to walk away from now.

4 comments:

Mark Buffalo said...

Nice pics, Marc. I was watching the news last night and i saw you stick up your 20D for the last photo. would you please get out of the way! Just kidding.

Mark

Z-Man said...

you dont fire the coach, you quietly buy him out and le thim save face by "finding" another job. why would he come back for a 4-8 season next year?

p.s.
had a blast in baton rouge!

Andy Shupe said...

As a person who is looking at covering Fayetteville High football next year (and for the next 30 years...) I hope Nutt stays so the Bobby Allen's son will still be around to save me from covering a 3-7 team. Selfish? You bet.

Robbie Hammer said...

Houston is the best at finding ways to save his job each year. Great stuff Mark, I think I saw your head on TV..