Thursday, November 29, 2007

I <3 John Pelphrey


Arkansas' new basketball coach John Pelphrey is a dream coach for sports photographers. The man loses it and I mean LOSES IT in the coaches box. He is a complete 180 from the stiff Stan Heath was in the box. The photo above just screams at you. If you didn't know he was a basketball coach you'd think his head was full of ants or something. I love this man. Not in a funny, Judy Garland fan sort of way. More like the John Wayne, hey man let me buy you a beer and tip that dancer for you sort of way.


It's going to be a great season.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Match made in Hawg Heaven.

Andy Shupe said...

I just love both of these shot, man. Great stuff. Isn't he great?

Neemah said...

Nice. He reminds me of someone

Michael said...

OMG I'm so out of it. It took me like 10 minutes to realize the <3 was supposed to be a heart. I was like, "One less than three John Pelphrey? That makes no sense!"

That man looks insane. He looks like his head is on fire in that first pic. I'd make an illustration for you, but I'm not as talented in photo manipulation as Neemah.

Marc F. Henning said...

That's o.k. Michael, I didn't know what "<3" meant either until three days ago and Zac just figured it out like 10 minutes ago. So you're right on par with the rest of us.

Nice Neemah.

Melissa said...

I wonder if he makes that face off the court? Like, when a waiter messes up his meal or when someone cuts him off on the interstate.

You guys are n00bs when it comes to internet jargon. :P

Mark Buffalo said...

so, do you have a man crush on him? great shots.

Brandon said...

LOUD NOISES!

Ben Chrisman said...

that guy is a gold mine. good job m'brotha.