Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spot News


Haven't shot any spot news in a while. Some guy flipped his BMW into Little Sugar Creek in Bentonville today. He was unresponsive and without a pulse when he was pulled from the car after being under water for 10 minutes. I showed up a few minutes late and missed the heroics, unfortunately my competition didn't. But I did get this shot of the firefighter who saved the man's life climbing back into the water to attach chains to the car so it could be righted. It's frustrating when you think you're getting to a spot news event in a timely fashion and find out you've missed the moment. When I say he saved the man's life I mean they did restore his heartbeat, but at press time it's not known if he lived through the ordeal. Either way, the firefighter is still the hero today.

No comments: