Saturday, March 22, 2008

NCAA Tourney: Arkansas 86, Indiana 72


Arkansas broke their NCAA Tournament losing curse Friday night on the back of a 31-point career night by Sonny Weems. What a game is all I can say. Arkansas had several chances to blow the leads they built on the Hoosiers but managed to man up each time and go on runs that kept them up by several possessions.


Darian Townes and Steven Hill harrass Big 10 player of the year D.J. White.


Charles Thomas is fouled under the net by D.J. White. The Hoosiers' big man got into foul trouble early and wasn't the prescense on the court everyone expected. He still finished with 22 points.


Coach Pelphrey draws up a play during a timeout. Pelphrey was his usual self during the game. He almost drew a technical foul, but I don't think the referee heard exactly what Pelphrey shouted at him. I heard it.


Patrick Beverley manufactures a turnover.


Darian Townes celebrates in the waning second of Arkansas' victory. The Hogs will really need to dig deeper and bring it all tomorrow if they want to have a good chance of pulling off the upset over No. 1 tournament seed North Carolina. They do have a chance, but they'll have to play the Tarheels like they did against Tennessee.

6 comments:

ivester said...

Nice work, Marc. I read your post on SS. How did you end up transmitting and screwing the NCAA?

BTW, make sure you clean up after yourself when you leave my house on Sunday.

Mark Buffalo said...

nice shots Marc. I may get to shoot in NLR on Sunday. I was so bored not getting to shoot, just being a writer. I don't know how Harry does it.

mark

Marc F. Henning said...

jason,

i used one of my writers' computers to file my photos. they have the same FTP software loaded on their computers. now that there has been a couple of teams eliminated there are a few spare $350 ethernet lines laying around in the workroom. i think i'll use the Indianapolis Stars' line tomorrow. :-)

mark,

has Harry ever taken photos?

Michael said...

Good stuff. That had to be a fun game to cover, but I don't envy what had to be some tight deadlines.

I've got North Carolina going all the way in my bracket, so Arkansas has got to go now. Although loses by Duke, Drake and Vanderbilt really screwed my chances of taking the office pool, so I guess it doesn't really matter at this point. Good luck with the game.

Andy Shupe said...

Looks like you had fun, man. Saw you a couple of times on TV, hat on backwards.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.