Sunday, March 16, 2008

SEC Tourney Final: Georgia 66, Arkansas 57


Somtimes things just aren't meant to be. Arkansas lost to Georgia for the second time this season in the SEC Tournament championship game. It was actually quite sad considering they had just knocked off powerhouse Tennessee the night before. Georgia has a 17-16 record and didn't even qualify to get into the NCAA Tournament or the second-class NIT Tournament. Well now they do. Thanks to Arkansas the Bulldogs get an automatic bid into the "Big Dance." Happy Birthday Georgia.


Pelphrey for a good part of the game did a lot of cheering for his team. The Razorbacks fell behind by 19 points in the first half (just like in January in Athens) and scrapped back to get within 3 points, but it just wasn't meant to be. I swear it was like deja vu in Athens. Now the Hogs are looking ahead to the first round of the NCAA Tournament where they will face Indiana. And if they manage to beat the Hoosiers they will face No. 1 North Carolina in Raleigh. Seems like God has it out for the Razorbacks right now. Fate just ain't on their side. As for me I get to have two days at home and it's back on a plane to Raleigh. Never been there before.

3 comments:

ivester said...

Damn jealous you get to go to Raleigh. :)

If you need any info on the arena or area, let me know.

Z-Man said...

I have theHogs winning all on my bracket, Wish me Luck!

Michael said...

Have fun in North Carolina, although I don't know how it's going to top last year in Spokane. I got to ride a Gondola with Grant Hall and I met one of my photo blogging heroes Thomas Boyd in the media room. You can't beat that.