Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Busy Day


Shot four assignments today. The most I've had to knock out in a while. I enjoy staying busy at work. It gets the ole creative juices flowing and makes the day go by faster. Which equates to getting me home and a beer into my hand a lot sooner than would happen during the course of a slow day. The lead photo is from the Farm Friends event at the Pauline Whitaker Science Center in Fayetteville. Lots of kindergarteners and livestock. The kids in this photo were actually kindergarteners pretending to be livestock. Quite funny. They were herded into a cattle scale and locked in. Then they all started "Mooing." Funny.


After Farm Friends I stopped by Dickson Street to get the setup for this weekend's Dickson Street Music Festival.


Then I hustled to the Washington County Courthouse to sit around and wait for several hours for the sentence to be handed down to Gregory Christopher Decay for his double capital murder conviction. This perp walk shot came after being jammed into "The Closet" for about 30 or so minutes with Ivester, Reyes and two t.v. cameramen. It was close quarters, thank God nobody had Mexican for lunch.


Reaction shot of Decay's family after his double death sentence was handed down. It really is sad that the families are the ones that are left to deal with these tragedies.


And the last assignment was the worst. I hate having to shoot Arkansas football practice indoors. It was a beautiful afternoon today, why oh why did they have to practice indoors. Probably because they know us still photographers hate it. I know that's not the reason, but sometimes I wonder.

2 comments:

Robbie Hammer said...

Wow, 4 assignments in one day, I can't remember when I last did that. Oh yea, yesterday and today and tomorrow...Great stuff Mark, especially the first one with the kids.

Andy Shupe said...

Is four assignments really that many? I am with Robbie - that happens quite a lot. You magazine photographers... :)