Friday, April 11, 2008

Naturals' Inaugural/Home Opener


The Northwest Arkansas Naturals had their inaugural season and home opener last night in Springdale. They lost 7-1.


No the Naturals didn't lose because they're a bunch of 11-year-olds. This is the Northwest Arkansas Naturals USSSA team (that's a professional little league team, not minor league team).


Of course there was a flyover along with all the pomp and circumstance.


The Naturals' mascot formerly known on this blog as "Squatchy" is now officially called "Strike the Sasquatch." Catchy!


Hey, that's a great banner they've got hanging out there in left field. It'll look great framed behind a double play at second base. Don't DOG it. :-)

7 comments:

Z-Man said...

I love the "Morning News Catch of The Day!"

Michael said...

Does the mascot scare small children? It kind of scares me.

Love that photo of all those little baseball players. What's amazing is I don't think one of those kids is looking at the camera. Did you threaten to call the mascot over if they looked at you?

ivester said...

The Morning News banner has been torn down and replaced with an ADG logo.

Marc F. Henning said...

Them's fightin' words!

Mark Buffalo said...

Nice shots! How's the light there!

The NLR Times sponsor the covers for the tarps at Dickey Stephens.

Mark

Z-Man said...

Mike,
I think Marc threatened more than the mascot if the kids looked at the camera!?

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Hands down the freakiest mascot I've ever seen.

I remember riding the mater horn at Disneyland when I was a kid, and that sasquatch would pop out and scare the $&@# out of me. Everytime. I even tried climbing out of the train as it was speeding through the tunnel because I didn't want to see it.

Now I have this image to haunt my dreams tonight. Thanks. Thanks a lot.