Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Another Prep Athlete Portrait


This time the assignment was a short distance runner for Bentonville High School to preview tomorrow's state track and field championships. Not exactly what I was going for when I started the shoot, but I'm happy with it anyway.

A HUGE thanks to TMN sportswriter Nathan Allen for acting as my assistant on this shoot. Not only did he make small adjustments to the position and settings on my lights for me, but he also kept my subject and her coach entertained while I had several small meltdowns due to malfunctioning lighting equipment. Thanks Nathan.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Very cool. Love the lines and the lighting is perfect.

Nathan Allen said...

Well Marc, I'm a little disappointed. You failed to mention a couple of things. First, you didn't mention my stellar ability to move your lights around while you were on the ground. I mean, without my help, the lighting wouldn't have been "perfect" like Michael said. ALSO, I believe we worked hard for this shot ... it took an hour! But that wasn't your fault, your equipment malfunctioned. Oh well ...

Marc F. Henning said...

My sincerest apologies Nathan. I have added the due credit.

Robbie Hammer said...

Good job Nathan. Oh, you too Marc.

Nathan Allen said...

Thank you, good sir. I'm honored to be mentioned on your blog!