Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Philippines


Well, we made it. Alona, Sahar and I have been here for more than a day now, but this is the first chance I've had to update the blog. My hotel's wireless is overpriced and really sucks so I am posting this at an internet cafe across the street. I thought I would start off the blog with a photo that truly says the Philippines. San Miguel beer, Jolly Bee and a ton of luggage. I didn't know how much I missed San Miguel until I opened up the fridge to find our housekeeper (NeNe) had stocked it with a sixer of bottles. It's great to be back.


I really haven't taken many photos since arriving. This is a street vendor shot from the balcony of our hotel room on the 14th floor yesterday. Notice the crazy utility lines I spoke of in a previous post.


The sun setting last night over Metro Manila. This view is looking west at Pasay, one of the many cities that make up the Metro Manila area. It's is a great feeling to be back here in the Philippines. I truly love this place. And I've got a whole month to continue falling in love with it.

I'll update again soon.

5 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Happy vacationing. :-)

Z-Man said...

Gald you arrived safe and sound.

Raffaele said...

Hey my friend, best wishes to Sahar from Jeanett and Raffaele.
Happy vacations

Raffaele said...

Hey my friend, best wishes to Sahar from Jeanett and Raffaele.
Happy vacations

Morgan said...

Really nice shot from the balcony!!