Friday, May 16, 2008

FLW Tour...Catch The Fever!


I thought I would get away with not shooting the FLW Tour Wal-Mart Open in Rogers this year. Ha! Fat chance. For all of you that don't care, the FLW Tour is a bass fishing tour, not tournament as in one time deal, it's a tour. Like a golf tour with huge hundred thousand dollar purses, big time sponsorships and guys wearing fishing uniforms that travel all over the country fishing in tournaments for a living. Man I tell you, it wouldn't surprise me if the horseshoe throwing crowd is next. I can picture them getting organized and ready to make their big break onto the scene soon, really soon. Before you know it a "leaner" will be a household name.

8 comments:

Momma C said...

I like your photos. Your dog is pretty cute as well......

Marc F. Henning said...

thank you and welcome to the blog world.

Andy Shupe said...

I'm with you. They have left Bill Dance far, far behind them. And when you can't even see Bill Dance, you ain't fishing anymore.

Bryon Houlgrave said...

I can't wait until my favorite horse shoe team wins the national title. It'll be a day I'll never forget.

Corey Perrine said...

I would have moved in tighter. I didn't notice the sleeping kid immediately. I think if you would have been closer and cropped out the dad's eyes and right below the knee the viewer would be drawn to the child more instantly. My two cents.

Marc F. Henning said...

corey,

unfortunately the dad's crotch was an unappealing factor in the photo. believe me, i thought about it. had his attire been better it would have been a different photo. the story i was covering was about FLW fans, so the sleeping boy was a small part of the photo. the kid actually has his own trading cards printed up to trade with FLW anglers. he's a super fishing fan, however the weigh-in was along-drawn out event and he just couldn't hang. i appreciate your .02.

ivester said...

OK, I'm gonna release the inner dork from within.

There actually is a professional horseshoe circuit. The only reason I know this is because one of the better competitors is also one of the best bowlers (yes, dork reference again) in the world -- Walter Ray Williams, Jr.

So there's your little piece of insignificant knowledge for the day.

ivester said...

Yes, pathetic, I know.