Friday, June 15, 2007

My First Official Hawgs Illustrated Cover


The 2007 Hawgs Illustrated Football Preview is now on your local newsstands Razorbacks fans, at least if you live in Arkansas. Otherwise you need to get yourself a subscription to the magazine. This is my first cover for Hawgs Illustrated since I started my new gig as chief photographer for the magazine. I'm pretty stoked about it. I had another cover earlier in the year during basketball season. It was a jube photo from the Arkansas/Alabama basketball game. But this is the first cover I actually had to conceptualize on my own. Peyton Hillis, the inserted player at bottom right, was supposed to be at the shoot but was held up in a player's meeting and couldn't make it. He was going to be jumping over the top of Jones, McFadden and Smith. It would've looked cool, but oh well. I'm still happy with it anyway. Next month's issue will be the baseball and track season wrap up.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

so, any word if you need an assistant? I only ask for sunflower seeds and at least one free ride on the company jet. That is my goal to ride on it at least before I'm potentially canned from this job.

Marc F. Henning said...

i'll warn you, it's not easy work. i can be very demanding of an assistant.

first off i refuse to walk the sidelines under my own power, so you'll be giving me, and my equipment, piggyback rides up and down the field. you can never, EVER, look me in the eyes, you're an assistant for god's sake. and if for some reason i miss a shot, it's your fault and you must apologize before i continue shooting. if i miss another shot before said apology it could get really messy. imagine images broadcast on the jumbotron of me chasing you across the field with my monopod. of course this is a worst-case scenario. i only miss a couple of shots each game.

there are a few other details that are spelled out in the two-page rider you have to sign before being issued your assistant's uniform. just remember, NO BROWN M&M's!

Melissa said...

deal.