Friday, June 22, 2007

Photo Therapy


So after spending the past week in the office digging up photos for the next issue of Hawgs Illustrated Magazine I finally got out and shot some news. This was the first time in my career I put in a week's worth of work and didn't shoot a single photo. I was actually feeling a bit depressed about it by the third day. What better way to get out of the funk by shooting a spot news photo you're proud of and that's worthy of a clip. The fire happened in Springdale on Wednesday night. I showed up at the house on Thursday morning hoping there would be somebody at the location. Luckily there were several investigators on the scene digging through the debris trying to find out what caused the fire. I pretty much walked onto the scene and right into this photo. I'm happy with it. I'm glad to be back on news for now, but I'm still really looking forward to football in the fall.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Nice catch. Thank goodness that fire burned right through the roof to shed some sunlight on that firefighter.

Nathan Allen said...

I love this photo ... nice work.

Marc F. Henning said...

"thank you fellas. thank you very much." (said in my best Logan Forsythe impression, who sounds exactly like Elvis)

Neemah said...

In the words of Borat, "Very Nice. High Five!"

Glad to see you have FINALLY joined the blog world! Keep posting.