Thursday, June 7, 2007

New Digs



Summer Jerome had her one bedroom apartment at the transitional housing facility she lives at in Bentonville renovated by a group of volunteers from local businesses. The renovation was revealed to Jerome and her boys today. As you can see she was quite overjoyed. This was one of the better news assignments I've shot in a couple of weeks (granted I have been shooting a lot of baseball and golf and not much news during that time). There were several media outlets there (two TV stations and another local paper) so it was rather tight to get clean photos in a 600 square-foot apartment. I stuck around after everyone else left hoping they would relax in their new space. They did, except Jerome's oldest son couldn't get over the camera being pointed at him and he kept mugging. At least his eyes are closed in the shot. I just can't win with kids I tell you. I can't.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Looks like it was definitely worth waiting around for a relaxed moment. I really like how clean they are, and I think the pure joy they are feeling really comes through. Nicely done.

Glad to see you blogging, by the way. I'm eager to see what goes into making a Marc Henning photo.

Marc F. Henning said...

thanks michael. things here lately have been such a blur with all the baseball and now a week full of golf i don't even know how i get it done. auto pilot i guess. sometimes you just feel like a machine with good composition skills.