Monday, July 9, 2007

From The Vault: Quite A Wonder


A new version of the Seven Wonders of the World was compiled recently based on over 100 million votes cast worldwide. The Colosseum in Rome was named to the new list, of which The Great Pyramid of Giza is the only structure from the original Seven Wonders of the Ancient World to maintain its "wonder" status. This is one of several photos I shot of the Colosseum during my trip to Italy in March. The structure is quite impressive. We only had the opportunity to see it at night because our time in Rome was limited. I wanted to go on the tour the next day, but chose to tour The Vatican instead. I certainly don't regret it. The Vatican was incredible and it took the whole day to see everything. We'll still get to see the Colosseum again someday. Giuseppe and Loni, my brother and sister-in-law, are planning to move to Rome from Sicily so we'll be seeing more of the ancient city in the future.

No comments: