Sunday, July 1, 2007

YEEEE HAW!!!


It's Rodeo of the Ozarks time, so dust off yer shit kickers and ten gallon hats and cowboy-up people. I couldn't help but post this photo on my blog, sorry Michael. I had just returned to the office from getting rodeo setup photos, see second photo below, at Parsons Arena in Springdale when I pulled into the parking lot and saw fellow TMN photographer Michael "Texas Ranger" Zamora standing at his car talking to fellow staffer William Moore. They were getting ready to head to the arena to hang lights for our rodeo coverage, so Michael had the hat on to meet the rodeo "dress code." This is why I'm glad I'm off the next three days and will miss out on shooting the rodeo. Don't get me wrong, I like shooting rodeos. Plenty of great man vs. beast actions shots to be had and all. But I'm not one for the attire. Rodeo's are the only events photojournalists shoot where the costume is mandatory to get access inside the arena. Imagine having to cover a circus dressed in a clown suit.....with a camera that squirts water instead of taking pictures. Yikes!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

best photo 'ever' of michael.

wait, the one of him passed out in the bathroom is a close tie.

Nathan Allen said...

No, I agree Melissa, that's the best photo ever of Michael. It's an instant classic!

Michael said...

If by "best" you mean "most disturbing," then I agree too.

Neemah said...

I need a copy of this.