Saturday, July 28, 2007

Two Days, Two Better Features


What a difference a couple of days make. I shot these features on Thursday and Friday after getting tired of having to fall back on water featuers as of late to save the front page of one of our zoned editions. The lead photo is from a carnival games day at a local children's day camp in my area. The couselor was helping children get the frisbee into the trash can so they could win a prize. It seemed like she was putting more effort into catching the frisbee than the children were trying to throw it accurately.


I passed by this man's house the day before I shot this feature and noticed his big sign advertising his moving sale. When I drove by on Thursday he was out in his front yard with his children and his dog. The story was he and his family were moving to another state and were selling all of their belongings except for a few beds, their television and microwave and the dog. Maybe my photo helped him make a few extra sales. He sure helped me out with a decent feature. Thanks fella!

2 comments:

Michael said...

That trash can photo cracks me up.

Ben Chrisman said...

man, i like the Frisbee shot.